Saturday, November 21, 2009

blog award!

The sweetheart over at My Life is Purple nominated me for my first-ever blog award! I feel so happy and warm and fuzzy right now. Definitely makes up for the week of long school hours and stupid malfunctioning cell phones. Here are the rules:

List 10 things that make you happy
Try and do at least one of them today
Tag 10 bloggers that brighten your day
Make sure to link back to the person that tagged you



10 THINGS THAT MAKE ME HAPPY:

1. Of course, the obvious: wine! Wine (and writing about wine) makes me happy because it's something I love and it's something I know.
2. Walking in the rain with an umbrella. You feel invincible ... take that, Mother Nature!
3. Waking up to my boyfriend spooning me. It's the ultimate romantic gesture, and I love how he can sleep while holding me.
4. Finding something awesome and cheap at a thrift store. I get this odd feeling of accomplishment when I find a bargain deal that's totally worth it, like a Buffalo New York sweater for $14 or Italian skinny jeans for $10. I also once found New York and Co riding boots for $2. True story!
5. Hearing someone compliment the drinks I make when I bartend at work. Someone once told me that I make the best margaritas in the whole restaurant, and it totally made my day.
6. Dare I say it? Yes I do. Sex. Sex makes me happy.
7. Reading someone's comments on my blog :).
8. Shopping at the grocery store. For some reason I've always associated shopping at the grocery store with being a mature, independent adult. Knowing that I can buy (and eat!) whatever I want.
9. Sitting on the beach and watching the waves crash on rocks.
10. Life.

Now here comes the best part, passing the award on to others! So here we go, ten bloggers that brighten my day!
1. The darling and hilarious wine blogger Shana over at Funny By Accident.
2. The insightful and informative wine blogger Ms. Drinkwell over at Ms. Drinkwell.
3. The cute and cuddly wine blogger ZinfanGirl at The World Is My Vineyard.
4. The fashion-forward Josephine over at Aubergine.
5. The way-too-adorable (and bilingual!) cutiepie over at Faux Naif.
6. The 'Trader Joe's Guy' over at Jason's Wine Blog.
7. The self-proclaimed Wannabe Wino.
8. The hilarious and adorable Washington girl Stevie at Allow Myself to Introduce ... Myself.
9. The fabulous, hilarious and sophisticated wine bloggers at Young Winos of LA.
10. The no-longer-writing-in-English (but still fashion awesome!) chica at Helmi Otsalla.

8 comments:

  1. ooh, I left sex off the list, but it should have been on mine!! hehe, glad to make your day.

    I'll raise a glass in your honor tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh! are you serious? this is too much. thank you! merci! gracias! that's all i can master, but i swear i'd say thank you in a million other languages if i could.

    i like your list a lot. go you for being straightforward and saying #6. i hate socially-imposed prudishness (but i hate socially imposed sluttery as well).

    wine and beaches and boyfriends and grocery shopping (heh, i totally get you. i have an irrational love of supermarkets). sounds like you have a happy life!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, bien sur, faux naïf. J,adore ton blog, vous êtes très adorable. J'attempte ecrire en français, parce que je l'etudie maintenant :). J'ai une amie qui est trilingual, comme vous, c'est très cool! Je suis un peu jalouse ;).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh and thx both of u for the support for writing number 6! I agree, faux naïf, there def has to be a balance. It's all about what makes u comfortable and happy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you thank you! I finally got to posting :-) Thanks for brightening my day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love I've been wanting to read your blog since sooo long. I'm glad I dropped by, loved # 6, 7, 8, 9. Right there with you! Mille bisous mon amie, tu est merveilleuse! A tout tout bientot! mua!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Merci Kristelle! Can't wait to see you in January!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the mention! Totally cool, I'm gonna go do this now!!!

    ReplyDelete