Thursday, April 29, 2010

who are you ... what am i ... ?


I found this survey on rbandj and I couldn't help myself. I used to be the biggest survey fan when I was in high school. I'd have one on my high school blog (not wine related) at least once a week. Nostalgia!

1. The strangest thing I've ever eaten was oysters. I tried them once just to say I had them, and they were the weirdest tasting things on the planet. It felt like eating a piece of slimy rubber. The taste was okay ... I just couldn't stand the texture.

2. My best friends are my two sisters, my mom, my boyfriend Julien, his sister Sidonie and my friends Carla and Blair. 

3. If I could live in a different era it would be I wouldn't choose to live in a different era because I like this one. I prefer women's rights over pretty dresses. Although it would be nice to see what the future is like. Not to live in it, but just to see it. 

4. If you only know one thing about me it should be I aspire to achieve absolute happiness and fulfillment in my life. If I am not happy, well then, what's the point? 

5. My favorite book of all time is "The Giver" by Lois Lowry. I've been reading that book ever since I was 6 years old, and every time I pick it up I get something different out of it. It's beautiful, heartbreaking and a wonderful reminder of how precious individualism is in this world. 

6. The one beauty product I cannot live without is concealer. If I have anything on my face it's concealer underneath my eyes. Not because I have circles or anything, but just because it makes my eyes brighter. 

7. Blogging is a great way to practice writing and get to know other people who you may not have the opportunity to meet. 

8. If I could star in a movie with one actor/actress, it would be probably Leonardo DiCaprio, because then I could introduce him to my sister Christine, who would die. Plus, he's an amazing actor. 

9. One of the best feelings in the world is joy. Pure joy. 

10. My current obsession is fixing the food issue in my house, because too much goes to waste. Also cooking.

11. What's for dinner tonight? I'm thinking tofu or potatoes with green beans, mushrooms and rosemary. With some mango chutney. 

12. The last thing I bought was a half bottle of Sauvignon Blanc.

13. I am currently listening to my boyfriend snoring. Geez, I should really wake him up now. 

14. If I could have a home, totally paid for, totally furnished anywhere in the world, it would be in San Diego, because that's where I'm going for school. After I graduate, can I relocate the house to Paris? Anybody? 

15. The one thing I would change about myself is making my ankles stronger. I was born with twisted ankles and have always had weaker legs. That's something I need to improve, and one of the main reasons why I'm taking yoga.

16. If you could go anywhere in the world in the next hour, where would you go? Paris!

17. The languages I would love to learn are French. I want to master French because learning anything else.

18. My favorite quote (right now) is: "As long as there are still some of us left who read all is not lost." - Anonymous

19. I am most afraid of drowning. It seems like such a horrible way to die. 

20. My favorite colour is turquoise. It's just such a beautiful color. I also love black and red. 

21. My dream job is a professional wine blogger and freelance wine journalist. Owning my own freelance writing business. My dream of dreams. 

22. The one thing that brings a smile to my face instantaneously is a passionate kiss from my boyfriend. 

23. The one word I use a lot is "absolutely." I can be a bit of a yes person. 

24. When I'm feeling blue I will sit alone and feel sorry for myself until somebody pays attention to me. Pathetic, I know. 

25. What inspires me is myself. I try to live as my own inspiration, so that I aspire to live the life I want to live without trying to live somebody else's. 

26. My favorite season is usually the one that I'm in. If it's summer I love summer, if it's fall I love fall. My mood changes with the seasons. 

27. My favorite dessert has to be probably the Half Baked fro-yo from Ben & Jerry's. Delicious and less fattening. 

28. How many tabs are open on your browser right now? Just two, my blog page and a google search for who makes Half Baked fro-yo. I don't have the best memory ;). 

29. What was the first thought that crossed your mind this morning when you looked in the mirror?  I haven't been to the mirror yet today, but I'm sure I look a fright. 

30. The best piece of advice I was ever given was "You're meant to do great things in this life, so don't be so worried about being different now ... because in the future your differences will give you a beautiful life." - my parents

31. If I had a millions dollars to give to one charity, I would give it to the Beth Elderkin is paying for her own college charity fund. Hey, you asked me to be honest ... well, I need money for school. 

32. If at first you don't succeed, you're human. 

3 comments:

  1. love it! and if you know how to cook tofu and make it taste edible... you are my new best friend. we have tried so many times and it's always a failure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The trick is to use firm or extra firm ... otherwise it just falls apart.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i prefer the soft kind because i love stuff like ma po tofu. :) but i think it is better to say "absolutely" all the time than "no" all the time anyway. ;) great answers. write more!

    ReplyDelete