Wednesday, June 16, 2010

les saisons de la vie



So this blog entry isn't about wine so much as it's about my life, because I wanted to share something with all of you. I found out recently that my boyfriend Julien has been offered a full internship on the set of a new movie shooting in Paris, starting in August. He'll be working with his brother, a very well known film editor in France, and learning about the entire movie making process. Since he's a film major at college, naturally he is stoked.
I'm very happy for him, but I'm not so thrilled that he'll be gone for at least 7 months an entire continent away. I'm going to visit him for a month in January, but still ... that's 6 months apart, minimum. We're determined to make it work, but I've never done something long distance before. I'm a little nervous about how it all works. Have any of you been involved in a long distance relationship, either short or long? Is there anything I should prepare for?
I'll be blogging every loving, painful and pining step of the way ... so be prepared for some lover's lament poetry on Poetry Slam Fridays. Because I'm going to miss him terribly.

2 comments:

  1. I'm going to miss you as well my beautiful darling. I love you so much.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE YOU BOTH! Oh Beth dear.. you have the perfect long-distance relationship lady who is going to be living close to you! Been there, done that and I can guarantee that with dedication, honesty and trust ANYTHING is possible! This will only strengthen your relationship and your bond! I am SO PROUD OF YOU BOTH - FOLLOWING YOUR DREAMS! YES!

    ReplyDelete