Friday, January 8, 2010

poetry slam friday





Here I am on my lunch break during a pretty slow day at work, a little tipsy on Heller Estate 2005 Sparkling Merlot (even with spitting it's easy for a lightweight like me to get spinny). So I decided to start my poetry slam Fridays. I will write at least one wine-related haiku or poem every friday, plus whatever else I feel like tagging on.
Poetry is my first love, after all, and I hate for her to feel neglected. If you have a wine, grape or other wine-related thing you'd like to hear a poem about, let me know. Or if you have one of your own, send it in!

---

Bubbly

It tickles my nose.
Thousands of air pockets drenched
in clear fireworks.

----

Here's another poem I wrote today ... you can thank the sparkling wine for this one ;).

green lens flare

your reflection is a path
it opens up my many different faces
cowardice
shrieking amongst the ill-placed words
and constant sidelong glances

if my eyes are the camera
they are flashing you
evil stares
amateur Photoshop techniques

am I jealous or just talentless?
probably both
do I live my hatred through your narcissism?
most likely
what would it take to save both of us?

I need to lessen my number
stop being your feed
settle into the tidal waves

and you ...

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

  1. I had their Merlot and loved it!

    How does their Sparkler compare?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it! And I love a good sparkling red. My boyfriend went to the Napa area in March (I have family in that area) and went to the Korbel winery and tasted a bunch of their sparkling reds. We brought a couple bottles home with us and I've been in love ever since!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Sparkling Merlot is a lot of fun. It's really easy to drink and works great as mimosas :). They also have a Merlot Rose and a Merlot Blanc. I like the Merlot Blanc as an aperitif wine but I'm not a huge fan of the Rose. Sorry, Rich (the winemaker)!

    ReplyDelete