Tuesday, October 27, 2009

weird wine fact of the day



Did you know?

According to Persian mythology, wine was discovered by women. She drank the fermented juice from grapes stored in a jar, went to sleep, and surprisingly woke up cured of a headache.
(source - Wine Snob)

Way to rock it, ladies! Who says wine is a man's world?

On another note, I'm getting ready for my 24th birthday tomorrow. It's a surprisingly weird combination of hooray and oh-my-gosh-the-reaper's-getting-closer. My plan is to relax all day, let my boyfriend spoil me rotten, then have dinner with his family. Oh, and drinking lots and lots of wine.
Also getting ready for All Hallow's Eve. Should be a fun night.
Sorry I haven't written on a wine in the past couple of days. Julien's dad gave us 7 half-empty bottles (count 'em, 7!) from an exclusive tasting he went to, and asked us to taste them all. I've been sampling them all over the past couple of days, getting a sense of the winery. I plan on writing a detailed article about the winery and writing a quick memo on each wine. I should be posting that tonight or tomorrow.

2 comments:

  1. "She drank the fermented juice from grapes stored in a jar, went to sleep, and surprisingly woke up cured of a headache."
    Srsly? I find it's usually the opposite for me! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I agree. And kept in a jar of all things! Can't imagine how THAT wine tasted :P.

    ReplyDelete